SP Jain’s response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has hit us unexpectedly. While we could not prevent its rapid spread, we are prepared and are taking prompt actions to support our students.
- Some of our students have preferred to attend classes on campus (e.g. in Singapore where it is still permitted), while others have preferred to learn online. Responding to the needs of our students, we have replicated the classes and are offering each group their choice of study.
- A majority of the online classes are being delivered using our Engaged Learning Online (ELO) technology. The technology has been developed in such a way that students get a 'classroom-like experience' virtually.
- Our faculty members and Program Office are committed to ensuring minimal disruption in learning. Their efforts have helped over 2,000 students take virtual lectures daily from the safety of their homes.
- We are closely monitoring our campuses in Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore and Sydney and reviewing which campus is the safest; our students could be shifted to that campus when the situation improves.
- Our team of counsellors is on hand to help students in need.
- Our housekeeping and other support staff are working tirelessly to ensure our campuses are safe for students.